Wednesday 16 September 2015

Uk Tribes

There are several groups that I think would belong to and these include the "Styler", "Sport junkies"and " Urban artists.




Sports Junkies

Sports Junkies are one of the most aspirational of Mainstream Tribes, but also one of the l;east influential. They’re dedicated to sporting achievement and prepared to cut out friends and habits that stand in the way.


Sports Junkies used to mean being motivated, dedicated and all about the win – but today, the majority are much more high street than high level performance. They are simply young people for whom playing team sports is a key passion point in their life, and build their identity and community around playing sports.


The reason I think I am part of this group is because I spend the majority of my free time participating in sport and I hate losing no matter who is player and how friendly it is such as playing with mates.


Stylers

Still representing status and style, it’s about partying, looking good and staying ahead of cool.
Stylers hold strong on the UK Tribes map – innately cool and stylish, the rising influence of Urban fashion and music have made them a hugely aspirational Tribe for youth today. As luxe sportswear and Urban high fashion has hit the Aspirants (check out the Hypebeasts), more young people than ever before are looking like a Styler and aspiring to their luxury lifestyle.
I have a very large interest in urban clothing as I like finding new brands that are individual and urban. I like wearing sports clothing such as Nike and Adidas. I like wearing a variety of clothes and I like trying a variety of styles.


Uban Artists

Urban artists are a new category to fit a myriad of smaller Urban scene Tribes that are growing across the UK.
Urban arts (think genres like rap, beatboxing, spoken word, graffiti) and Urban music and fashion influences (think Trax, Chicago Footwork, UK Grime) are so pervasive and influential across UK youth culture today – the Urban Artists are part of the Leading Edge segment but 100% Urban.
I love grime and rap music and love listening to artists such as Sormzy, JME, Skepta and Run the jewels. I like being part of a youth culture and enjoy seeing things like street art and graffiti.




 I like Jack Whitehall as he has a good fashion sense as he wears lots of Fred Perry items and so do I so I would consider this a similarity as I see him as smart. I see lots of footballers as people I may dress like as they wear particular sports wear that appeals to me so I will buy clothes similar to this as I feel as if I am part of this trend in fashion. I try to style my self to individual clothing brands as I like urban clothing that is not popular and this plays a key role in what clothes I buy and how I dress myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment